Ready to Join Our Account Team?
Are you all about the details? Do your friends call you a "Grammar Nerd"? Then we want to talk to you! The Account Coordinator (AC) at LKF Marketing provides assistance to any Account Executive (AE) in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of Account Manager (AM). The AC reports directly to the AE for each assigned client.
The Account Coordinator must be self-driven and results-oriented with a clear focus on quality and efficiency, highly detail-oriented, well organized, and process driven with strong follow-through. Excellent telephone, written, and presentation skills are required. The AC needs to be a team player who can demonstrate reliable accountability, with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with coworkers.
- Provides administration and assistance to AE on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to project tasks, handling mail/packages, production and creative deadlines, media research, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow in collaboration with or in the absence of the assigned AE
- Maintain awareness of client activities to provide backup should the AE be unavailable
- Proofreading copy and artwork; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to vendors
- Provides input in planning stage of projects. Assists in mailings, word processing of final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials relating to account service and makes ready for client presentations
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by AE
- Handles paperwork and maintains files on all the client’s activities, their competitors and the industry; manage correspondence, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing, and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Maintains client files for all assigned accounts that detail past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards
- Attends meetings, prepares agendas, etc. upon request
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan/schedule and deadlines, drawing attention of AE to potential problems before they occur
- Manages and processes tasks and projects in LKF's project management program
- Perform websites edits in various CMS tools and platforms
Must have a bachelor’s degree and 6-12 months full-time office experience, internship, or other relevant experience.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced office
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office software
- Superb grammar skills
- Experience managing social media accounts
About LKF Marketing
We are a full-service advertising, marketing, website design and development, and public relations agency located in downtown Kalamazoo, Mich., with a 30+ year history. We're different from other communication firms. Why? Our sole purpose is to holistically achieve results. Great design might win awards (got em!), but we up the ante with solid strategy for our clients’ futures. There are no cookie cutter marketing plans here.
We are a fun and fast-paced firm that values our culture and seeks a new team-member who upholds our core values:
- Be Smart
- Have Fun
- Be Honest
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Contribute to Family
Our passion is obvious. We're seriously nuts about what we do, and it shows up in every project. We love to find new ways to meet challenges and thrill our clients. We can't believe we get paid to do this for a living! This passion is carried into our community, where our employees are very active with various affiliations.
That's what we do: Work hard. Play hard. Join us, you'll be glad you did!
Submitting a Resume
Please submit cover letter and resume to our Client Services Director. Cover letter should include why you’d be a rockstar Account Coordinator and why you’d like to become a part of the LKF Team!