Ready to join our account team?
Are you self-driven and results-oriented? Does managing projects from start to finish and beyond spark passion in your life? Do you aspire to work with a variety of clients, helping them to achieve their wildest marketing goals and objectives? Then step right up! The Account Manager (AM) at LKF Marketing provides high-level assistance to any Account Executive (AE) in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of AE. The AM reports directly to the Client Services Director as well as the AE for each assigned client.
The AM must be self-driven, results-oriented person with a clear focus on quality and efficiency; highly detail-oriented, well organized, process driven with strong follow-through. Excellent telephone, written, and presentation skills are required. The AM needs to be a team player who can demonstrate reliable accountability, with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Provide administration and assistance to AE on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to project tasks, production and creative deadlines, media research, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow
- Work with AE to manage all website projects, including adhering to timelines/deadlines, processing tasks, etc.
- Collaborate with account and/or creative team(s) as needed to execute client projects
- Perform edits to client websites in various Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Maintain awareness of client activities to provide back-up should the AE be unavailable
- Proofreading copy and artwork; see that all work completes the standard agency approval process as well as consistency with related client materials before being reviewed by clients or turned over to vendors
- Provide input in planning stage as requested by AE. Assist in mailings, word processing of final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials relating to account service and make ready for client presentations
- Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed by AE
- Handle paperwork and maintain files on all the client's activities, their competitors and the industry; manage correspondence, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Maintain client files for all assigned accounts that detail past work and work-in-progress and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards
- Attend meetings, prepares agendas, etc. by request
- Make sure all media and projects proceed according to plan/schedule and deadlines, drawing attention of AE to potential problems before they occur
- Manage and process tasks and projects in VGS
- Participate in weekly production meeting and bi-weekly client services team meetings
- Manage deadlines and keep on top of vendors/coworkers as needed to meet deadlines
- Draft proposals, ad copy, brochure content, web content, or any other written content needs as determined by the AE
- Prepare quarterly web reports as assigned by AE
- Maintain an average of six (6) billable hours per day (within three months of employment)
Must have a bachelor s degree and 12-24 months full-time marketing experience or other relevant experience and expertise in using Microsoft Office software.
Must have experience with project management and basic website development.
CMS or other web maintenance experience is highly desired.
Experience placing and monitoring Google AdWords campaigns is highly desired but not required. Must have a basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with interest in furthering knowledge.
About LKF Marketing
We are a full-service advertising, marketing, website design and development, and public relations agency located in downtown Kalamazoo, Mich., with a 30+ year history. We're different from other communication firms. Why? Our sole purpose is to holistically achieve results. Great design might win awards (got em!), but we up the ante with solid strategy for our clients’ futures. There are no cookie cutter marketing plans here.
We are a fun and fast-paced firm that values our culture and seeks a new team-member who upholds our core values:
- Be Smart
- Have Fun
- Be Honest
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Contribute to Family
Our passion is obvious. We're seriously nuts about what we do, and it shows up in every project. We love to find new ways meet challenges and thrill our clients. We can't believe we get paid to do this for a living! This passion is carried into our community, where our employees are very active with various affiliations.
That's what we do: Work hard. Play hard. Join us, you'll be glad you did!
Submitting a Resume
Please submit cover letter and resume to our Client Services Director. Cover letter should include why you’d be a rockstar Account Manager and why you’d like to become a part of the LKF Team!